Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Top 10 Favorite WWE Themes

This list is in no particular order and was NOT stolen from another individual. Copyright Infringement will not be tolerated and all property goes to Steven Chung....AH SCREW IT! I don't care...do what you want. :)  




- Blog #14: I know. I love to use YouTube links to help emphasize the significance of my selections in these lists. So, bringing back that favoritism of mine, I'm going to be showing off another music blog! YAY! What's the topic of today's music blog? Why, it's the WWE! I never thought I could be hooked to such a dramatized excuse of a program. As it turns out, I watch the WWE network mainly for the theme music (which explains why "WWE's: Royal Rumble" is my favorite PPV). While I respect the athleticism and the "acting" of the "Superstars", I prefer to listen to the wrestler's enter and exit the ring to their respective theme music. I may do future blogs on WWE, including worst themes or even discuss the wrestlers themselves. This was an extremely tough list to maneuver around, but I managed to narrow it down to my top 10 favorites. Don't whine and complain on how a certain song isn't on here. I loved a lot of the music, but I could only chose 10 for the purpose of this site and the laws of continuity. So, here they are.

1. Jeff Hardy: (Loaded) - The high-flying, charismatic, enigmatic, and controversial Jeff Hardy. Hardy had a few good theme songs in the WWE. I liked all of them (which is much more to say than the songs he uses now, in TNA). However, only one of them gets stuck in my head. Whenever Jeff Hardy or the "Hardy Boyz" come to mind, this is the song that pops up. Hardy used this song for a few years and, unfortunately, switched it to his final entrance song by Endeverafter. I was not a huge fan of this move. It was ok, but it doesn't compare to "Loaded" and the catchy rhythm it has. This song was made by a guy named Zack Tempest. I don't even know that fact for certain, because I can't find this song anywhere! I swear (and I'm NOT going to download it illegally)! I wish this song was out on iTunes. I'd love to get it. Thankfully, YouTube exists.




2. Drew McIntyre (Broken Dreams) - This one is bad-ass...honestly. I don't know if the song fully suits the wrestler's character, but it certainly helps him appear more legendary. This one's by a group named Shaman's Harvest. While more recent than Jeff Hardy's theme, this one just generates a feeling of abnormal awesomeness. Drew McIntyre returned to the WWE not too long ago. He used a generic rock theme that was cool for a while. Then, one day, this song came out. It was that, along with an awesome titan-tron screening. I'm glad that THIS was recently added on iTunes. I was ecstatic! You could use this song in any action movie and it would work.




3. Mr. Kennedy (Turn Up The Trouble) - Who doesn't love their own name? This guy sure loved saying his in-ring name a lot. "Turn Up The Trouble" had Kennedy's name featured in it many times. Now, on TNA, he's Mr. Anderson. It just doesn't really ring bells, does it? Everyone has to feel confident about themselves, eventually. Be confident to almost the point of becoming an arrogant blow-heart! If I had a theme song, I could always make one that goes, "STEVEEEEEEN...CHUUUUUNG!" This song was arranged by Jim Johnston and it reeks of absolute cockiness. It's awesome. More awesome than the remix that was made a few years ago, which was by a group called Airbourne.



 


4. Dolph Ziggler (I Am Perfection) - Here's another prime example of someone who loves their own name. Yup. "Mr. Ziggles" thinks he's all that...amazing. This one is by a group called Cage 9. I love this theme. Honestly, I'd walk out to an arena with this playing in the background. People are calling this guy the next Mr. Perfect. I wouldn't disagree that this guy has potential to be a future world champion, but I think he needs a little more time. I mean...he went from chauffeur, to cheerleader, to this. It's a bit of a strange transition to actually call this guy a future champion. We'll all have to see what the future holds in store for this former Intercontinental Champion. All I know is that Dolph entered the WWE at a good time, what with past WWE stars now on their way to retirement.




5. Perry Saturn (Rings of Saturn) - I have no idea where this guy went and I don't even know if he'll ever return to WWE. It was said that he was seen on WWE's Bragging Rights 2010, but not many people know what happened and why he left. Perry Saturn wrestled in the days where WWE was massively popular, and the crowd always went nuts no matter who showed up. Plus, he was part of one of the most underrated and greatest stables in WWE history! This group was called "The Radicalz" (composed of Saturn, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P.), and Chris Benoit (R.I.P.)). I don't really know who made this theme, but it's pretty tight. The siren at the beginning of the song gives you somewhat of a space-warped feeling. Then, you picture that you're on the "Rings of Saturn", rocking out! I wish more WWE themes had more generic rock music like this. Themes are made great now, but not many are memorable.




6. Chris Masters (The Masterpiece) - The superstar who has been accused the most for using steroids (and was caught...). Not only do I consider this one of my favorite theme compositions, but I also think that Chris Masters had one of the best entrances ever in the WWE. It's a shame that, since his return to the WWE, he doesn't come out to this song or use his entrance poses anymore. I believe this "Masterpiece" was made by Jim Johnston, though I'm not quite sure. Here's another song that should have been featured on a WWE music CD or sold on iTunes! There were two versions of this song that were used by Chris Masters. Since they're both almost identical, I'm putting both on here.





7. Marcus Cor Von "The Alpha Male" (Smooth) - Favoritism to the saxophone! Who said that all WWE themes had to have rock embedded in them? This is...jazz rock! This guy just did NOT get enough attention in the WWE and he only stayed in ECW for the shortest time ever. Cor Von was only there for a few weeks. Then, he left because of "family issues" and ended up being released from his WWE contract. Changing his name to Monty Brown and going to TNA did no good for his career. He could have been something big! Anyway, this theme has a wicked jaunty beat to it. Listening to this song makes me want to do the "cool walk" in the alleyway.




8. CM Punk (This Fire Burns) - CM Punk is one of my favorite wrestlers in the entire WWE. Lately, he's become more of a preacher than a wrestler. Nevertheless, what's wrong with promoting a "Straightedge Lifestyle" with no drugs? This theme song symbolizes Punk's fire inside his soul, not a fire that comes from a cigarette butt. Whenever this song hits the first note, you get a jolt of excitement and you just know that CM Punk is coming out. Also, it should be noted that Punk is one of the few wrestlers who rarely changes his theme song. I hope he doesn't change it, honestly. This is one of the very few themes that I feel fits perfectly with the character. Killswitch Engage originally intended this song to be Randy Orton's entrance theme. However, it was scraped and was used as a PPV theme. Then, it was given to CM Punk and it has remained with him ever since.




9. Ken Shamrock (The Ultimate) - Where did this guy go? Shamrock had one of the best themes in the WWE (back when it was known as WWF). Ken Shamrock was one of the hottest commodities during the WWF's "Attitude Era", and he was one of the most insanely intense wrestlers in the entire roster. He's traveled around WWE, UFC, and the MMA. It's too bad he doesn't plan on making any return to the WWE, as far as I know. He plans on sticking around in UFC. This song was featured on the WWE Anthology CD, but I can't seem to find out who made it. Whoever did make this song knew how to make a perfect fighter song. Any fighting montage could use this. My only complaint...IT NEEDED MORE COWBELL!




10. Chris Jericho (Break Down The Walls) - Jericho, Jericho, Jericho. What can I say? You really are one of the best wrestlers in the WWE. Whether Jericho is a face (good guy) or a heel (bad guy), Jericho continues to dominate. This one is a surefire Hall of Fame candidate. Y2J is one of longest lasting superstars in the WWE and his theme has basically been the same. The song was inspired by the famous "Battle of Jericho" and was created by Jim Johnston. This theme has got not so much rock, but a lot of rock inspired by techno. Chris Jericho is awesome. No question.




- Done. (Jim Johnston is the man!)

No comments:

Post a Comment