Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Top 10 Most Overused Internet Phrases

This list is in no particular order and was NOT stolen from another individual. Copyright Infringement will not be tolerated and all property goes to Steven Chung....AH SCREW IT! I don't care...do what you want. :) 




- Blog #42: Don't get me wrong. Those 10 words, shown in the chart above, are bad (and creepy). Though, if you really think about it, there are so many other problems with social media. This is aside from the urban-language barrier and the other typing anomalies that exist. When it comes to the internet, you'll be darned if you don't come across a certain line of redundancy. I've been stuck at home for a few days, because I've been feeling down in the dumps. Try vomiting in the toilet, for reasons I have yet to figure out. It left me some time to explore the well-known parallels of viral communications and to seek out some of the abnormalities. These are the some of the most common phrases in social media through a computer screen. These are the phrases that make you go haywire, every time you are forced to gaze upon this common lack of creativity. Now, these are phrases. Not slang terms. Thank you for listening! Enjoy!

1. (insert song lyric here) - "My life be like Ooh Ahh!" No, dear. "Your life be like Ohh Noo..." In my very first blog, which was written about two years ago, I had already ranted on the usage of song lyrics for facebook statuses, or anything else of the sort. I don't want to talk about it too much here, but...really? I thought the point of facebook statuses was to express what's on YOUR mind. Taking a lyric from a song, written by somebody else, and then using it to express yourself is just plain stealing. That's if you ask me. I, personally, like to come up with something interesting on my own. No cliff-notes.


2. "TEXT MEEE!" - What if we don't want to text you? Why don't you text somebody? Huh?


3. "(so-and-so) is sooooo bored..." - Well, do something productive! Goddamn...do SOMETHING! Get off your ass, make something useful out of yourself, and DO SOMETHING! Making a blog is something. Practicing an instrument is something. Going outside to practice some basketball (or something) is something. Preparing for college is something! No. Sitting on the couch, watching your life go by, doing drugs, isn't doing something. Not properly, anyway. C'mon!


4. WhEn YOuR TyPiN' liK Dis aNd U fell sOOO cuuul! - Ugh...


5. "Seriously.", "Seriously?", "Seriously!" - Yeah...seriously. 


6. "Bitches these days..." - (sighs) You're just joining the statistics, aren't you?


7. "Don't feel good... :(" - Really? Get some rest. You also might want to see a doctor to get a check-up, either for a cause of illness or a reality check. WHY ARE YOU ONLINE, TELLING EVERYBODY YOU'RE SICK!?


8. "My b/f (g/f) is the bestest! Love you, babe! <3" - Uhhh...ok. I'm not so sure why you felt the need to write that, but...you don't really need to boast. Oh, and "bestest" isn't a word. Besides, I've seen these kind of statuses enough to know well-enough that relationships like these usually don't last that long. Give it time.


9. "Wow, just wow..." - No, just no. What are you trying to say? Come out and say it!


10. "That's awkward..." - No. You're awkward. You're also boring. Since you seemingly can't hold up your end of the conversation, I'm just going to end it here.


- VENT TIME!: I always hate when I feel like I've put something wonderful on my facebook status, and it STILL can't get more likes than your average Joe's status, that which has no meaning. It reminds me of a famous Family Guy line from Stewie. "The fat man makes a pun, and everyone wets themselves. I give you gold, and I get squat." Why is this? Is it because of my looks? Am I not funny? Is what I'm saying wrong? I'm really not trying too hard to grab attention from the peeps, but I'm just wondering. It doesn't make sense. Why won't you appreciate what I've used my heart and soul on? Do I just not compare to someone who's lived their lives the wrong way? Doing this blog has made me reflect on some of these questions. Tell me what YOU think! Have you ever had this same experience? Make your voice known! Leave a comment!


- Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment